Thursday morning, the Pakistani and Indian people woke up to the blaring media reports of an Indian attack at the Line of Control in disputed Kashmir. Two Pakistani soldiers were reported dead and nine injured in the incident.
The Indian authorities claimed it a “surgical strike” on intelligence based identification of “terrorist launchpads”. The Director General Military Operations Lt.Gen Ranbir Singh held a press talk, claimed that he had notified the Pakistani DGMO, and briefed the press about the insurgency.
All of these claims turned out to be false and a humiliation for India as primarily the attack did not qualify as a surgical strike and secondly, 3 Indian Check posts were destroyed and more than 5 Indian soldiers were killed in a befitting response by the Pakistan Army.
Addressing an assemblage in Abbotabad, the Army Chief General Raheel Sharif said that the enemy can never get away with such attempts and our military is ever determined in its resolve to protect our borders and integrity.
The Inter Services Public Relations DG Lt. Gen Asim Bajwa said that the Pakistan Army had retaliated fully and that there was no surgical strike, as claimed by the Indian DGMO.
PAF officials also refuted the claims and said that there had been no surgical strike, and that the PAF will never allow the enemy to conduct an act like that.
Pakistani defense analysts and commentators claimed it as one of the desperate Indian measures that their government has taken for the past few weeks to distract attention from the Indian atrocities in Kashmir.
The Pakistani Defense Minister said that the armed forces were ever ready and fully capable of dealing with such attempts. The Prime Minister paid his tribute to the martyred soldiers and said that no violation of the LoC would be tolerated and would receive a befitting response.
The Prime Minister has also called a cabinet meeting on Friday the 30th of September. Issues like the Kashmir oppression and national security will be the highlights of this assemblage.