The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) released statistics today showing that Pakistan’s 3G/4G users have crossed the 61 million mark.
The PTA stats also revealed that the total mobile user base has reached 153.98 million in Pakistan as of the end of December 2018. In November 2018, there were 152.74 million, an increase of 1.24 million in only a month.
The total subscribers for smartphones and other technology including mobile 3G and 4G devices is increasing rapidly as people continue to adopt the new technology. The PTA findings show that Zong has the biggest 4G userbase followed by Jazz and then Telenor.
- Jazz 4G: 7.053 million users (6.58 million previously)
- Zong 4G: 9.86 million users (9.32 million previously)
- Telenor 4G: 4.73 million users (4.39 million previously)
Jazz has the largest number of 3G subscribers.
- Jazz 3G: 13.79 million users (14.069 million previously)
- Zong 3G: 8.69 million users (8.66 million previously)
- Telenor 3G: 9.13 million users (9.32 million previously)
- Ufone 3G: 8.339 million users (8.217 million previously)
The coverage and usage of 4G is rapidly increasing because of the expansion and availability of these services across the country benefitting both the people and telecom operators.
The teledensity – the number of telephone connections per 100 users in an area – has increased to 75.15% from 74.23% in November. Additionally, there are now 63,773,916 broadband users in Pakistan.